Thursday, June 17, 2010

Economy the Thing

Okay, so I am not as savvy as Joseph who was sold into Egypt, nor as wise as great economic minds of this day -- John Maynard Keynes, Milton Friedman, Alan Greenspan or whoever you might choose. Nor are all the ideas I have original. Some, like keeping dollars in state, are ideas the average person talks about all the time. (So, I suppose, these things might be called "common-man economics.")

And, I am sure I can be accused of not even having the strength of my convictions, for even though I can see the benefit of buying in-state products, I am not against buying goods from Indonesia and from China and from Mexico, as I do not mind at all benefiting the people in those countries.

Nor do all of these ideas require legislation. I don't think I'll lose your vote for that, though, as most of you do not like the idea of government legislation being viewed as the answer to every problem.

Still, all this being true, skim through the ideas below. They are good, solid economic ideas. I'm hoping you'll shake your head (up and down, in agreement, that is) when you see some of them, and agree these are things just not being done, but that should be done, and that, if they are done, will assuredly improve our economy.

Please click where it says "Older Posts" to read most of these ideas.

No comments:

Post a Comment