Friday, June 18, 2010

Campaign Log: Fix That S.S. Card!

Thanks, voter on Apple Tree Drive, I now know one more thing we ought to change, that I doubt anyone will disagree with, and yet we never seem to even consider doing it.

We need to make our social security cards harder to duplicate. The voter I spoke with said he had worked for a company that hired a lot of illegal immigrants. Often, when they presented their social security cards and were told they not valid, they returned the next day with a new card, that easy.

So, why don't we make a more complicated social security card? I don't know whether states would be allowed to make their own cards (I've never heard of that), but it would be worth looking into.

My Apple Tree Drive voter suggested there were too many criminals among the immigrants who worked at the company. What can we do to keep criminals out? How about running background checks on them? Do we already do that? I will learn.

Apple Tree Drive is 10915 South, and it is just west of 700 West.

No comments:

Post a Comment