Thursday, January 28, 2016

Gov. Herbert Calls on Legislature to Allow Tesla to Come to Utah

   If my ears were correct, in his state of the state address, Gov. Gary Herbert called on the current legislature to make it legal for Tesla to come to Utah.
   I don't know but what that couldn't have been the headline in today's paper, but the call didn't even get a mention in the story I read.
   Utah law doesn't allow car manufacturers to own more than 45 percent of a dealership.
   Herbert asked the legislature to remove laws from the books, completely erase them. He asked for the size of the Utah Code to be reduced. If I heard correct -- and I'm rather certain I did -- he specifically mentioned the law that prevents Tesla from being sold in Utah to be one of the laws wiped off the books.

No comments:

Post a Comment