Tuesday, January 26, 2016

Is Trump Justified for being Upset with Megyn Kelly?

   I feel sorry for Megyn Kelly as Donald Trump pulls out of the debate. Maybe she's handling the pressure okay, but I wonder. She has the leading Republican presidential candidate blaming her that he won't be in the debate she is to help conduct.
   That's a reasonable load of guilt. Is Trump wrong to treat her this way?
   Trump has flashed his anger at many during his campaign. Some say, it is great to see him saying what needs to be said and pulling no punches. But, I ask, is he hurting another person when it isn't justified? Should he be laying this guilt trip on Kelly?
   Yes, Trump suggests it is Kelly who is in the wrong. It is she who is doing the abusing. It is she who was unfair to him. That would make Trump the victim.
   It is late, and I don't have time to thoroughly look into it, but I go back to one story on that debate last fall when they clashed. I read how Trump was upset after Kelly prefaced a question by noting he had called women he didn't like "fat pigs, dogs, slobs and disgusting animals."
   Just off top, I don't think it wrong that Kelly should ask him to justify such an attack on others. I pause, though, and am sure he is not saying Kelly shouldn't have asked him about that comment. Rather, he must have said he was upset for something else. Alas, it is way late, and I must be off to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment