Sunday, February 21, 2016

Big Pharma Deserves Evidence Against it Before We Judge Against it

I speak of our feelings toward President Obama, and the federal government, and Big Pharma, among the many. Sometimes (oft times, that is), we are too quick to jump on others, and to jump on the bandwagon that jumps on them. I think of the Wild West, and of vigilante justice, and of people rushing innocent people to the hang noose.

In some ways, we haven't changed.

We seek out someone to hate, and we all pile on.

We do it in our work circles, and in our social circles . . . and in our politics.  

I do not mean to say there are not things about Obama I do not like. I certainly wouldn't vote for him. And, there are things about the federal government I do not like -- and the IRS, and the BLM. Big Pharma has its problems. Well, indeed, might it drive up prices for its advantage.  

Big Pharma. It is it I am thinking about tonight. I had some exchanges on Facebook about it. Some suggest there are cures for cancer, but Big Pharma won't market them because that would take away their profiting on people having cancer.

My, my. Is it true?

Some suggest Big Pharma stands in the way of medical marijuana. The plant is simply too cheap. It would ruin the pharmaceuticals' ability to charge high end for the drugs now on the market.  

My, my.  

Now, here's the trick: I'm not convinced that the conspiracy theorists are not right on some things involving medicine. I even wonder about marijuana. But, failing to move a cure for cancer because it would remove their market of people being treated with more expensive products?

Maybe, but I would hope not.  

There is a natural inclination for people to find fault and to hate others and to make accusations that simply are not true. Yes, we do it with our friends, and our associates, and our neighbors. We are a fault-finding bunch, we are. And, Big Pharma is a natural target. I do not say everything that is said against Big Pharma is wrong. I just say, we ought to be looking for evidence before we listen too closely to the rumors.  

There is cancer in the winds of gossip. And, that can include the gossip against Big Pharma.

There can be more lies on idle lips, than lies from those the idle lips condemn. When the idle gossiper suggests someone is lying, that, itself, is often a lie.



No comments:

Post a Comment