Wednesday, February 3, 2016

Can a Good Sweat Emit Toxins?

 "Eight lies and health myths from fitness trainers," says the headline, and it lists the notion that you can sweat toxins out of your body as one of those lies.
   I turn to another online article and read, "Sweat is not made up of toxins from your body, and the belief that sweat can cleanse the body is a myth."
  I just returned from the gym as I look these links up. While exercising, I thought along the lines of how exercise is like a body cleanse. I wondered what threshold of sweat (how much) was necessary to cleanse the body, and I supposed it was a rather large amount.
   I wondered if toxins aren't the agents of death in the body -- one of the key reasons for death being upon the earth. I wondered if there is a point, when you cleanse the body through sweat, that it is more inclined to reject new toxins when they are removed. My thought was, perhaps a clean house doesn't accept toxins, but passes them through in the excrement.
   And, so, does all this wondering come crashing down now that I read that toxins are not emitted through sweating? No, not altogether. I'm a little sceptical. I think of my own sweat, and of how it has discolored my clothes. I remember once, I forgot to bring a T-shirt, so I just wore my nice red dress shirt. That one exercise session ruined that shirt, leaving it with streaks of discoloring.
   Seems if it weren't toxic, it couldn't do that.
   I also wonder if all sweats are equal, if sweat from a hard workout might differ from one that comes from sitting in a sauna. And, supposing sweat can emit toxins, I wonder if it cleanses different parts of the body than does a colon cleanse. A colon cleanse would clean out toxins in the colon. I'm not sure sweating has any power to take anything out of the colon. Rather, it might cleanse out toxins which have traveled to and are embodied in the flesh.
   Unfortunately, it does seem those who say sweat doesn't cleanse probably are right. It seems it would be a simple thing to take sweat, analyze it, and see if toxins are in it. Surely, they've done this. And, surely, then, that is why they say sweat doesn't emit toxins.
   I wonder, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment