Monday, February 1, 2016

You don't Kill Just because Someone Resists Arrest

   I was not aware the FBI shot into the vehicle LaVoy Finicum was fleeing in. Bless the FBI for releasing the video, as that was good. But, shooting into the vehicle was not proper. I don't believe in killing a person for resisting arrest, unless that person poses a danger to you or to society. Finicum did not.
  Although I see it reported in one article that the FBI did shoot into the vehicle, googling, I found no other article, and wonder if the report is true.
   I also consider that the FBI might have seen the occupiers vehicle barreling toward them and felt threatened. There might be justification for shooting into the vehicle, then, in order to stop it. Without going back to view the video, though, I don't know that the threat of being rammed by Finicum's vehicle was that great. I remain inclined that shooting into the vehicle was wrong. But, were they just firing warning shots aimed well away of hitting someone?

No comments:

Post a Comment