Thursday, February 2, 2017

I do not Oppose Israeli Settlements in the West Bank

  I do not oppose that the Israeli people want to settle in the West Bank. One thought is to let whoever wants to move in, move in, be they Israeli or Arab. This would not ban any people from the area. I wonder why doing so is not considered a discriminatory policy. Can Israeli settlements be banned without that being discriminatory? Likewise, let Arabs live in Israel. And, I understand 20 percent of Israel's population is, in fact, Arab. But, Israel does restrict immigration. The very existence of a Israel as a Jewish state depends on a Jewish demographic. Perhaps the same policies Israel has on immigration and Arab immigration should be considered for the West Bank. Perhaps not, though, as that grants that the West Bank is Palestinian territory, and I am not sure but what I would say Israel deserves the land.

No comments:

Post a Comment