Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Reduce Autism Therapy to $20 an Hour

   If you want to reduce the high cost of health care, start with autism therapy. Why, tell me why, does it cost up to $150 per session?
   And, tell me why we shouldn't be able to drastically slash that price.
   To me, it sure seems this is something we should be able to fix. To me, it seems we ought to be able to go out and recruit people, telling them we are going to pay them $20 an hour (I don't know how long a session is, to know if one hour equals one session) and then train them. I read where these therapists are "highly trained," which suggests they have spent a lot of time in college.
   I say, don't require them to have a medical degree, of that nature, anyway. Have them test off on everything needed to be done to conduct a autism therapy session. Have them attend sessions as observers, and then being observed by those already in the field, then grant them their degrees. I do not know if it will take them a week to learn and two weeks for the observing, or if it will take a year. I only say, let how long it takes be based on when they pass the testing.

http://www.webmd.com/mental-health/news/20051201/marijuana-raises-risk-of-fatal-car-crash

http://www.pbs.org/newshour/updates/health-jan-june11-autismcosts_04-13/

No comments:

Post a Comment