Saturday, March 22, 2014

Undercover Cops are not Immune to Bad Influences

   I shake my head that there should be such a law, allowing undercover cops to have sex with prostitutes (see link below). Of course, it is wrong. Then, I consider drugs, and how some undercover police officers might take them. That is wrong, too.
   Some would argue that such undercover work is necessary. I would wonder. But, more than whether such police work has benefits, I wonder about its affect on the police officers. I do believe it affects who they are, what their character is, and their sense of right and wrong. If participating in such activities affects the rest of us negatively, it surely affects police officers, as well. Of all institutions we have, I am not sure of any where it is more important to have high character.
   If there is benefit to such undercover work, I believe it should be weighed against the cost. And, I wonder if endangering the character of police officers is too high a price to pay.

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/hawaii-law-lets-cops-have-sex-prostitutes-n58356

1 comment:

  1. I hope Hawaii gets rid of that provision. That is horrible to think police officers would be adding to the problem. At least with drugs they just buy them.

    ReplyDelete