Thursday, April 13, 2017

Is it Fulfillment of Scripture of Just Likeness of Scripture?

  As I went to bed last night after writing about the Middle East practice of hiding in underground caves, I thought of this scripture. And, as the U.S. dropped the largest non-nuclear bomb ever on the tunnels of Afghanistan, I thought of it again.
  Is the practice of hiding in the tunnels fulfillment of scripture, or just a likeness to scripture?
   "And they shall go into the holes of the rocks, and into the caves of the earth, for fear of the Lord," says Isaiah 2:19.
   As I finished my blog yesterday, and considered what to put as the headline, I found myself thinking of the phase, "holes of the rocks." So, I titled the column, "How do You Find Them in the Holes of the Rocks?" That's when it hit me that the practice in the Middle East of hiding underground might be fulfillment of scripture, and it certainly is at least likeness to scripture.
   Then this next day, the tunnels made the news as the U.S. dropped the largest non-nuclear bomb ever.
   Saddam Hussein was found in an underground hideout. Osama Bin Laden is said to have accessed the tunnels. Both would be considered wicked men by many. Both had the fear of justice, the fear that they would be caught.
   Perhaps, then, the fear of the Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment