Sunday, April 30, 2017

Christians being Killed Might be fulfillment of Prophecy

   I get excited when I see what seems to be fulfillment of prophecy.
   Pick up John 16:2 and see what you see in it that fits our day. "(T)he time cometh, that whosoever killeth you will think that he doeth God service."
   Well, there are Christians in this day of ours who are being killed by those who think they do God a service by killing them. I think well of Muslims and realize most of them do not think it right to kill Christians.
   But, some do.
   And, we don't need to read the news very long before we run into it.
  That could be just one way the prophecy is being fulfilled. I don't know for certain it is what Christ was referring to , but it sure seems to fit.
   Other ways the prophecy is being fulfilled? I don't know, would the murder of Joseph Smith count? Did those who killed him feel they were doing the right thing by God -- doing God a service? I don't know, but it seems they might have.
   I look down at the footnotes for John 16:2. They suggest the word "killeth" is referring to persecutions. So, the day will come that they who persecute you think that they do God service. That broadens things, considerably.

No comments:

Post a Comment