Thursday, July 28, 2016

Chaffetzism has Another Victim in its Sights

   The fire master, Utah Rep. Jason Chaffetz, is after another person, seeking to fire IRS Commissioner John Koskinen.
   The IRS is not an agency many feel warmly toward, so some might agree, on no more grounds than that, that Koskinen should go. I am not so sure. I view all the firings Chaffetz has brought about and I have to wonder. Some how, it seems as though he is seeking a legacy for fighting corrupt government by firing as many people as he can, as if firing people proves there was corruption, and proves he successfully fought it.
   I'm not so sure that is the right approach. I think these are people. You treat people right, and that means you don't dismiss them on shallow claims.
  I, again quote Wikipedia. "McCarthyism is the practice of making accusations of subversion or treason without proper regard for evidence." Even so, Chaffetzism is the practice of making accusations of government corruption without proper regard for evidence. We all want to get rid of government corruption, but that shouldn't give us license to falsely accusing anyone we want of that government corruption.
   I think on what someone at the Democratic National Convention said about Trump, noting he is takes pride in firing people, and that that is not a good trait.
   I see Chaffetz as more of the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment