Tuesday, July 19, 2016

Though the Scripture not Apply to Washington, it is Interesting

   After learning George Washington was never wounded in all his days of battle, my mind soon swept to a prophecy in the Book of Mormon.
   "But behold, the life of my servant shall be in my hand; therefore they shall not hurt him, although he shall be marred because of them. Yet I will heal him, for I will show unto them that my wisdom is greater than the cunning of the devil.
   I know that prophecy is said to be about Joseph Smith, who was murdered. It certainly would not seem to be about Washington, as it says, "he shall be marred because of them. Yet I will heal him, for I will show unto them that my wisdom is greater than the cunning of the devil." (3 Nephi 21:10)
   I just think it of note, though, that Washington -- certainly a servant in the last days -- was never wounded, and that the LDS have a scripture suggesting that in the last days there would be a servant who would not be hurt. Even thought the scripture not apply to Washington, this is interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment