Tuesday, July 12, 2016

NIAAA is the Organization

   There is an organization fighting alcohol abuse, after all, and there is a name for the disability that comes from the use of alcohol, after all. The National Institute on Alcohol Abuse and Alcoholism is surely a wonderful organization. Alcohol Use Disorder, or alcoholism, is the term that applies to using alcohol to the point that it becomes a problem.
   I guess that falls short of labeling alcoholism as a disability, but it is close. I do still think we should address alcoholism more in terms of it being a disability. And, I wonder at our count of deaths. I read how nearly 4 percent of all deaths are related to alcohol. I guess, I had thought it would be greater, if all things were included, but it is great to have some kind of figure. That is still about one in every 25 deaths.

No comments:

Post a Comment