Friday, March 1, 2024

 

Man Down

Man down, a police officer, by title
But on this day he was serving as an American soldier
An undercover police officer
On this day he was even bolder

Believing it his patriotic duty
He went to work early that day
He heard of the riot at the Capitol
And went to face those who our nation did betray

He was assaulted by the rioters
Beaten with pipes, stunned with a taser
Sprayed with chemical irritants
All by the Trump praisers

As he was dragged down the steps of the Capitol
His assailant yelled, "I got one! I got one!"
They mocked and bruised America's finest
They threatened him with his own gun

He suffered a heart attack, a concussion
Burns and a brain injury
He suffered post-traumatic stress disorder
He was an American casualty

Michael Fanone, by name
I thank him for being a true American
I thank him for standing up to Trump's followers
I thank him for defending our land

No comments:

Post a Comment