Tuesday, March 26, 2024

 
The Narrative

The narrative spreads and the people shout
Both of these candidates are bad
"In all my life, this is probably the most horrible choice I've had"
a news story quotes one person as saying
They want a way out, the voters do
They don't want to vote red
and they don't want to vote blue

Stop, stop, stop
if you would
The narrative itself
is not at all good

It's an easy out, though
an easy way to escape
There's no doubt if we elect Trump
we'll be in the worst of shape

But, Biden?
He's a democrat
You can't expect me to vote for one of those
It makes me shiver and shake
from my head right down to my toes

So those who spread the narrative
have an easy lie to sell
And the damage they are doing
is greater than you can tell

If Trump is elected
that's all that they want
And Biden is the only foe in the way
So, if they can remove Biden
then Trump will yet rule the day

"The American people should demand better"
the news article eggs them on
And the people buy the narrative
And the people join in the song

No comments:

Post a Comment