Thursday, March 7, 2024

I Still Support Joe Biden

 
   President Biden is making it difficult for me to argue for him. Oh, I like him -- much. But what about abortion? He favors it, you know. Now, I have been arguing that since that the High Court has ruled against it, we don't need to worry about abortion.
   But, then there is this little quote from tonight's State of the Union speech: If you, the American people, send me a Congress that supports the right to choose, I promise you, I will restore Roe v. Wade as the law of the land again."
   Alas, he will overthrow the Supreme Court's outlawing much of abortion if he can.
   Now, what do I do?
   I like Biden. Let me give you just two of the reasons. 1.) The guy offers the immigrant hope while at the same time wanting to rein in the trouble of too many crossing the border. 2.) He appears to be doing more to oppose climate change than any president ever.
   But, abortion? Am I left to choose between a candidate who favors abortion and one who seems intent of becoming, well, a dictator? The downfall of our nation is not something I can bear to see happen. Biden is a good, honorable man, though flawed by his support of abortion.
   I still support this Joe Biden guy. And, even if I didn't like the guy, we have no choice. If we go with Trump, we lose our democracy. 


No comments:

Post a Comment