Saturday, March 9, 2024

I Still have Problems With Joe's Abortion Views


   Abortion? An old quote from our president: "My position is that I am personally opposed to abortion, but I don't think I have a right to impose my view on the rest of society. I've thought a lot about it, and my position probably doesn't please anyone. I think the government should stay out completely. I will not vote to overturn the Court's decision. I will not vote to curtail a woman's right to choose abortion. But I will also not vote to use federal funds to fund abortion." 
  Despite this, I still have problems with his position. It is great that he opposes abortion in principle, but the abortion question is whether we should allow it. He believes in a woman's right to choose abortion. I do not. That violates the unborn's right to life. It's the old "Your right ends where my nose begins" argument. I believe in that argument.


No comments:

Post a Comment