Friday, March 29, 2024

 
All This Talk of Trump

I'm not in to that
All this talk of Trump
I'm not into that at all
Said a guy sitting on a stump

It wasn't that he liked Trump
He just didn't care
It was just that the continous stream of news
Was something he couldn't bear

I tapped him on the soldier
As he sat on that stump
I said, if you would, please read this
And tell me if Trump is not a chump

I gave him all my poetry
And read it to him out loud
And while I was reading it
There gathered quite a crowd

Some of them clapped
Some of them booed
Some of them stomped their feet
Some of them praised him
As a man who could not be beat

I held my hand out to quiet the crowd
And pointed to my friend sitting on the stump
This man is sick of all the talk, I said
He's sick of all this chatter about Donald Trump

But as I spoke, the little man rose to his feet
Saying he wouldn't vote for Trump
Now, I thought that was awfully neat

No comments:

Post a Comment