Monday, June 3, 2024

Joe Biden Didn't Just Accept My Money

 
    My experience in donating to the campaign of presidential candidate Joe Biden:

   As I went to make the online payment, some rules came up. I had to check a box with the following statements. To me, they reflect the high standards Biden chooses. He could have just taken my money and pocketed it, without screening out undocumented immigrants and those trying to hide who they were.

   1. I am a U.S. citizen or lawfully admitted resident (i.e., green card holder).

   2. This contribution is made from my own funds, and funds are not being provided to me by another person or entity for the purpose of making this contribution.

   3. I am at least eighteen years old.

   4. I am not a federal contractor.
 
   5. I am making this contribution with my own personal credit card and not with a corporate or business credit card or a card issued to another person.

   My thought? The restrictions on who Biden accepts money from reflect integrity. I'm glad I donated. 

No comments:

Post a Comment