Wednesday, July 5, 2017

I am a Patriot without Guns

   Guns = Patriotism, Patriotism = Guns.
   That is not my belief, but I wonder whether some people's version of patriotism is just this. They don't discuss or consider patriotism without guns being part of the equation.
   Now, it took guns and cannons and fighter jets to win our wars -- no doubt. I do not question whether guns have a role in patriotism. Rather, it is the ownership of guns by common citizens that I say does not in and off itself qualify you as a patriot.
   I find myself trying to write a song.
   
    "I am a patriot,
   "I am a patriot,
    "I am a patriot without guns."
 
    "None in my den,
  "None in my mancave,
    "None in my office,
  "And, none in the wall stache-stave."

    "No, no, no . . . 
  "I am a patriot without guns."
    "No, no, no . . .
  "I am a patriot without guns."
    "No, no no . . .
  "I am a patriot without guns."




No comments:

Post a Comment