Monday, July 24, 2017

The Russians and Hype, Hatred and Hillary Clinton

   I don't know that I ever wrote the blog that I meant to write on Hillary Clinton back during the campaign. I meant to write on how I was baffled at the hatred of her, and the unjust things that were said.
   It does seem like I might have written something about how we should not be given to false accusations, that it doesn't become our people well.
   And, I find a blog saying this:
   "Half the country, it seems, is infected with the witch hunt of Hillary Clinton. They will not be satisfied by the FBI's decision to not bring charges against her. They will not say justice has been served. They will not suppose the FBI was fair and equitable.
  "No, when you are a lynch mob, you demand a hanging. And, half America, it seems, is in this lynch mob."
   And, I also find a blog saying this:
   "I wonder at all the attacks on Hillary. I cannot help but see a likeness to the McCarthyism of the 1950s.
   "I read this definition in Wikipedia: 'McCarthyism is the practice of making accusations of subversion or treason without proper regard for evidence.'
   "I wonder if that doesn't parallel what is being done to Hillary."
    But, I wish I would have written more. I was baffled at the hatred of her. Now, I am not a Hillary fan. But when someone is persecuted wrongfully, I can be known to step in and defend them.
   Why all of this is pertinent now, is that there is an investigation going on, about Russian influence in our election. When the investigation was a lot younger, I remember our intelligence agencies saying much of what the Russians did was just propaganda and disinformation.
   And, remember, the idea is that Russia tried to help Trump.
   So, how does this fit in: A week or two ago, we first learned Donald Trump Jr. met with a Russian source -- to gather dirt on Hillary Clinton.
   If we know that they were scattering disinformation and propaganda, and if we learn they met with Donald Trump Jr. to give him dirt, then it follows that that dirt probably was part of the propaganda and disinformation they were trying to get out.
   Now, America is not likely to make that connection -- not as a people. And, I wonder if the intelligence agencies will even make it part of their report. How do you tell a nation they have been duped, fooled into believing a lot of negative hype against Hillary Clinton? Think of the millions and millions who will have no part of thinking good of Hillary, who are burnt in their hatred of her and will not be headed. You try telling them the Russians duped them, you try telling them the Russians duped our whole nation and . . . good luck.
  If this angle does get out, if the media does start mentioning it (and I have not seen word one about it yet), it will not settle well.
  I do not say Russia was the original source of all the ill things said about Hillary. I only say, it seems the Russians did plug into them, did stir them up.
  One wonders how it is that a Russian (far away in a different land) would even have dirt on Hillary that Trump Jr. could not have gotten from someone right here in America. How is that a Russian has something that an American doesn't, when it comes to dirt on Hillary? How are they the authorities on such things, and not someone over here? That, in and of itself, points to the notion that the Russians were involved in disinformation and propaganda against Hillary.

No comments:

Post a Comment