Friday, August 23, 2024

 


No Matter and No How
 
There is a path through the middle on this one
There is
Abortion should not be granted to everyone
To see that, you don't need to be a whiz

That baby in your tummy
Might be an inconvenience
You might just want to get rid of it
Sometimes, that is what we sense

But the baby is real
The baby is live
And it has a right to be born and live
And that's something only you can give

So, where's the middle ground
I spoke of as I started this poem?
For there truly is a time
When the baby should not call your tummy its home

When the doctor says you're endangered
When the doctor says abortion is right
Then you should have an abortion
And we shouldn't give you a fight

I supposed I am surprised
And shocked a little bit
That there are laws that don't allow abortion
When it's the only fit

Yes, I guess I'd shame these politicians
The ones who do not allow
For the baby to be aborted
No matter and no how

No comments:

Post a Comment