Saturday, October 8, 2016

Where are the Current Examples of High Conduct?


   I did like Trump's response to the news of the Billy Bush affair. He accounted for himself well. He notes he is a changed man, and that would mean the Donald Trump of 2005 is not the Donald Trump of 2016.
  I wonder, though, if we are not fair in wondering if he has, in fact, changed. He is running for the highest office in the land, and we are right to want someone who has proven to be of high character in that office.
   I wonder what things from the current landscape point to high moral conduct. One would be this, his avowal of having changed. It is good to own up to past mistakes. Am I stretching to find something? I say, though, I am in short supply in coming up with examples from either of the two candidates in their recent history. Am I just not looking? Is the media not covering them? At any rate, it would be wonderful if they were conducting themselves so admirably that something would be evident.
   I confess, I might be wanting too much. Just because I cannot see examples, does not mean they do not exist.

No comments:

Post a Comment